Tuesday, May 6, 2014

A Dab of Yellow

PURCHASED/ LINKS/ 
Yellow -- some love it, some not so much.
If you want to join in on this week's 52 Pick-me-up Yellow challenge but will end up looking jaundiced if you wear it, how about trying an accessory or two? There's always GOLD, that qualifies!

I'm featuring a scarf and a necklace that I got at Carmen & Ginger's in Providence. It's a really cute shop in the Arcade downtown. If you're in Providence, check it out!
Why was I drawn to the yellow?
The scarf is a classic nylon burnout Florida souvenir square:
The necklace is just plain weird:
Nautical and yellow. Yup.
And how about a look at that painting that I match:
Santa Barbara Night, oil on canvas, 36.5 x 18", 1975
It's vintage Anne M Bray and part of my Mom's collection. (She has a lot of my work!)

One more day to add your Yellow to this gathering of lovelies: