Thursday, July 2, 2020

A Rug Weaving Adventure

Last Saturday, I took an online rug weaving workshop with Aneesa Shami.
[Aneesa's photo]
So. Much. Fun!

First I needed to clear some space in a location where I could prop up my iPad
  
 
I used 6/12 ply poly/cotton for my warp [which in retrospect, is too heavy] on the Purl & Loop loom that I got last year at a workshop with Brittany Wittman McLaughlin at Craft in America.

For my rug ties, I wanted to use fabric scraps. 
I cut an assortment, using Frau Fiber's yarn-from-teeshirt technique for the tie dye tee. 
I tore strips for the wovens.

 
Decidedupon an indigo + hot red combination
OK! I'm ready for class!

Starting with plain weave
then adding knots
Knotting is super relaxing

[apologies for the dirty thumbnail and ragged cuticles]
Finished piece!
I really enjoyed this workshop and Aneesa is a great instructor.
When she offers the class as a taped eCourse, I'll add the link.

Speaking of links, I'm linking with
Michelle's Creative Compulsions Linky Party