What is my sewing goal for July?
It's time to revisit (and hopefully complete) my very bright tie dye tunic that is fashioned from a secondhand sari. I became stalled on the removal of beads from the neckline. Or some sort of sewing mishap - sewing and trimming on the wrong side or some such.
Oh yes. It's all coming back to me. I found the photos.
|The moment I realized I trimmed the wrong section of seam allowance. |
I wanted to wrap the inner allowance over the layer underneath and stitch it down on the outside of the shoulders.
|I gave up a year ago! There is one of those mirrored flowers at a shoulder seam. |
The mirrors are glued on and I need to work around it somehow.
|How things are looking now.|
|The white thread is temporary basting with silk thread - silk is easier to remove than cotton/poly.|
Linking up with
Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal Linkup