Monday, May 6, 2019

Floral Mend

I had the notion to approach Mending Mountain with parameters.
Since May is Flower Link-up Month [see end of post], I pulled all the more-or-less floral patterned dresses out of the Dress Mend box (yes, I have them all categorized by garment):
Then did a photo shoot to determine whether any were even worth the effort.
Meh. It's uncomfortable. To Poshmark it goes.
I am obviously much happier in this number.
What you can't see is the broken zipper and the 12" gap at center back at my shoulders.
It needs major work. I'll do it, later.
[And this, my friends, is exactly the reason Mending Mountain exists].
This one has the strangest interior elastic cinching situation that took me a while to figure out.
On the fence -- it IS 100% cotton
May be good for one of Anita's Poolside Movie Nights
This one is really mid-calf length and too small and I hiked it up for the photo.
I have nostalgia for this, but is it worth rehabilitating?
This is a creation with issues. First of all, the neckline is too wide.
Second, too long!
Third, transparent!
Shorter definitely better.
Originally sewn for a 20's themed Movie Night from a silk sari.
Seriously. Where is my wand? Or my herd of sheep!
Just cutting a neck slit in this linen tablecloth is clearly not the answer!
Something more form-fitting would look much better.
Sometimes a rectangle is not the best solution.
No easy mends in this batch. Sigh. What am I going to do for my MeMadeMay pledge this week?
[that's my pledge]
Got florals?
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter
Linking this up with
Shelbee's Spread the Kindness
Catherine's #ShareAllLinkup