Sunday, May 12, 2019

Rose Shirt Rehab

I mended this last weekend, but haven't yet worked it into an outfit.
Maybe this week, maybe this combo.
[From last year. Still valid]
Or maybe for Fluevog Day (Wednesday, May 15) with The Fluevog Dress?
We shall see!

I got this from Suzanne Carillo's Etsy Shop, Vintage by Suzanne -- she posted it on Instagram or maybe her blog and I HAD to have it.
There were some fit issues.

[I had to check PayPal to find when I purchased this -- it was A YEAR AGO!]

The shirt has an unusual '90's sleeve, which you can't see at all because the print is so distracting, so I drew flats, front and back:
I could rip out the center back sleeve seam, remove a couple of pleats and make room for my shoulders. And that's what I did.
Here, everything is ripped out and ready to reconfigure. I used extra fabric from cutting off the cuffs for the patches.
I used a 1" thick piece of corrugated cardboard as my "voodoo" board.
Everything in position to sew, need to sandwich upper part of patch between the outside and inside collar stands.
Added another interior patch in the same location.
Done! Once I get my sewing machine repaired, I can add matching edge stitching at the base of the patch.
Whoa, that was a lot of detailed work!
Time to party!



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter



Linking up with
Patti's Visible Monday
Shelbee's Spread the Kindness
Catherine's #ShareAllLinkup