Monday, June 28, 2021

Furloughed!
Am I using my time wisely?

Yep, it finally happened.
Over the the past few months, my paid hours at the day job have been steadily dwindling
2/10 - no more than 19.5 hours/week (was 32 hours/week prior)
6/21 zero

sigh

So what have I been doing instead?

Scrappy Squares!

test models

"Wendy" the first official piece for the 50|50 Exhibition
This is an ongoing project that officially started 6/28/21.
Each artist juried into the show will be creating one new piece of art on 6x6" panels for 50 days.
I'm rug knot weaving textile scraps onto the panels.
Here's what the back looks like:
The exhibition will be at Sanchez Art Center in Pacifica, CA, 9/10 - 10/10/21
All the art will be uploaded on my Art website on a daily basis. Click here to see them all!


The Big Blanket Mend

I decided to join two old twin "horse blankets" that are both full of moth holes into one.
As always happens with things I repair on the coffee table, Mr Lou thinks it makes a great bed.

note how he plants himself exactly where I'm sewing

Fluevog Shoe Art

I have sketched Fluevog shoes going on four years now.
Uploading the art to Redbubble and Spoonflower helps garner some income.
Happy to report that all of the 2021 sketches and repeats are available on both sites.
Now working my way through 2019's sketches.

There's more, but I think that's enough news for now.

Linking up with