Tuesday, May 4, 2021

#thevintagefashionchallenge Day 4: Yellow

 On Instagram, I showcased my old favorite 50's cotton sateen dress that I wore until I couldn't squeeze myself into it any more (and the extremely interfaced bosom became absurd when I lacked boobs).


After posting, I put some scraps of it into a Stitching Meditation, a new series that I started this month:

No patches from the dress on the quilt. The Fluevog sandals, however, are there:
This was a strikeoff that I had to order from Spoonflower in order to make it available in my Spoonflower shop
Fluevog Sandal Clog

Last year, during my big quilt mend, I discovered the Petal Cotton makes for excellent patches.
I've got a bunch more designs I need to proof, maybe it's time to put in an order.

Linking up with Shelbee's Spread the Kindness