Thursday, May 24, 2018

#MeMadeMay Week 3, Mending Mishap

Not all my mending goes smoothly. I tried a quick fix on another tunic with a too-wide neck and here's what happened:
Weird poufs in the middle of my shoulder seams.
This is one of my rare tunics where I turned back and sewed the edges on the neckline.
I'm not claiming it's an excellent sewing job. It's adequate. 
Fixing this one will require ripping out machine stitching at the neckline and resewing the shoulder seams.
That won't be happening soon, so I will endure it falling off my shoulders for now.
Old in-phone photo collage from last September.
This photo is probably the one that helped me decide to add sleeves:
With Kelly at my art exhibition, #myshittycommute April 2016

WAIT A MINUTE! I SAW (and chased) THAT SAME TRUCK YESTERDAY!
#dailytrucks with One Orange Door
left: circa 2016 .  right: 5.23.18
#dailytruck is an Instagram series that I can't seem to stop and has resulted in two art shows so far.
And now you know how easily I'm distracted and why the I have Mending Mountain.

Linking up with Patti's Visible Monday