Thursday, December 30, 2021

Inspired By a Joan Didion Quote

“I have already lost touch with a couple of people I used to be...”  Joan Didion

Years:
1987, 1994, 1998
1979, 2021, 1978
1971, 1976, 1980

I posted the above on Instagram, I thought I would go deeper into the images here.
Or at least pull away from the square crops.

There are some versions of me that I gladly leave behind (my married years especially).
Others, I want to keep in touch with the spunky young me.

In backwards order:
2021
Next to four of my map weavings
Holly Jolly art reception, Roswell Space.

1998
A place Severo and I stayed in Cambria.
We toured Hearst Castle that trip. So much fun!
1994
Final day of a week long summer workshop with Rafael Ferrer at Bennington College.
Holding a self portrait.

1987
Otis graduation, BFA in Fashion Design
Lisa on the left, Dad on the right.

1980
Xmas at my parents, Hampden, MA.
What am I doing in that preppie sweater???

1979
That time I was a bride.
Photo by Jamie Wolff.

1978
At Alines apartment, her birthday?
Ex removed from photo.

1976
Outside the art studio.
College of Creative Studies, UC Santa Barbara.
I quit after my first quarter of Junior year to move to NYC with the ex,
as a 20 year old know it all does..

1971
Freshman year at Emma Willard.
Music pod in the library.
Winter uniforms, mine is a micro mini version.

On to the new year and new adventures!
Linking up with