Saturday, June 29, 2019

What I Did On My Summer Vacation

Remember doing those summer vacation reports in grade school? Me neither.

I'm doing this more for me than for you. I'll be writing more detailed posts on my various blogs. This is functioning as my Table of Contents and link center (adding links as posts are written). You're welcome to come along for the ride!

LAX - BOS
I mended (until I dropped my seam ripper under my seat) and sketched.

Getting from Boston to Providence was an adventure. More on that later.

Providence
A short and wonderful visit with Patucci and Mark, including perusing the Repair and Design Futures at the RISD Museum [museum link] (closes 6/30/19)
My long post about it link.
A few tense moments chasing the box of art, which I picked up at the Post Office as I was leaving town:

Vermont
Rendezvoused with Annie at her sweet cabin.
Finished customizing the tiaras for our 45th high school reunion parade.
Covered a random princess (on Annie) and Hello Kitty (on me) with our school's founder, Emma Willard
Got the art out of the box and affixed to foam core for display at the reunion.
More on the art on the On the Edge blog.
Troy, NY
As mentioned, 45th reunion. A small, yet mighty gathering of the class of '74
Ready for the Parade of Classes [photo by Liz Westbrook '75]
Severo showed up Saturday night and he joined us for the Class Dinner:


Barneveld, NY
A few days at Mom's, plus museum visits.
Meetup with Shelbee and Sons at The Adirondack Experience!
Writeup link here.
Tiffany exhibit at the Munson Williams Proctor Institute (through September 8, 2019)
It seemed that every time we were in transit, it rained. The drive from Barneveld to Newark was especially harrowing -- Severo almost hit a deer on US17, a six lane highway.

NYC
William Greenberg Desserts, the Met, shopping -- an ideal day in the city.

Met Camp exhibition (through September 8, 2019) for her:
Richard Quinn AW18-19
Met Play It Loud exhibition (through October 1, 2019) for him:
Posing with Lennon's Rickenbacker
Gluttony East link
Dessert Gluttony link

EWR-LAX
Aerial views and Procreate patterns:

Have a vacation planned? Summer at home? Link!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter


Linking up with
Patti's Visible Monday
Shelbee's Spread the Kindness
Catherine's #ShareAllLinkup
Ageless Style Linkup