Wednesday, May 10, 2023

May I? 10 on the 10th

Answering 10 questions! This is a fun monthly thing instigated by Marsha In the Middle.
Link to Marsha's answers for this month.
1. Can you whistle?
Yes! One of those ear-piercing NYC Taxi hailing whistles!
My pal Shawn (a native of NYC) taught me in 9th grade.

2. Can you touch your toes flat to the ground?
Yes, I just tried. I had to bend my knees a teeny tiny bit.
[Ha! can't post the video because Blogger thinks it's obscene!]
3. Can you remember all of your teachers from Kindergarten to graduation?
No. 1st through 4th grade are lost to the mists of time.
I only remember my Kindergarten teacher because there's a photo:
4. Can you ride a motorcycle?
Conceivably yes, as a passenger, but I'd rather not.
My cousins were very much into motorbikes as young teens. I only rode with them a couple of times.

5. Can you groom a dog?
Maybe, again, I'd rather not. I can groom a cat!

6. Can you remember the first vacation you ever went on?
Do family trips to summer lodgings count? The first house I remember (I was five?) I later randomly revisited when I was fourteen with friends that lived on the farm. It was an eerie experience!

7. Can you create things from scratch (knit, paint, weld, etc.)?
8. Can you wire an outlet?
Maybe? There's a YouTube for that!

9. Can you remember your first job?
Unforgettable! I delivered pizza for Skip Perry's Pizza in Goleta, CA. I got to know the greater Santa Barbara area really well. Delivering to UCSB students was the worst.
"Ham, Pepperoni, Bell Pepper Pizza" Lithograph, 1975
10. Can you upholster a chair?
I upholstered a chair and an ottoman once with canvas that I silkscreened.
[Can't find photos]

Lately, I've been visibly mending the couch. Some parts are surviving Mr Lou the Antimender better than others
(that is carpeting on arm on left which Lou has turned into a yeti).

Linking up with...