Saturday, April 16, 2022

Crazy Legs and Torture Clogs

 It started with a call from Shelbee and Nancy for their Good Buy/Goodbye Book with the theme Easter Egg Colors (link).

This is the photo that I submitted, from 2013

original post
Here's what I wrote:

This outfit is a 50/50 split.

The bright 60's shirt and shift are definite keepers. And Great Buys -- the shirt was free, from a friend, and the shift was secondhand for $25.

The pastel tights were a disappointment (in 2013). This is my own artwork, and I used a company that required a printing of 6 pairs. They came out WAY too pastel for me. I managed to resell 4 pairs, and the remaining two I will upcycle into "yarn".

The Mary Jane clogs were a super bad buy (in 2012). I call them torture clogs, they are too small and make my feet numb after about an hour. Why do we do this to ourselves?
The clogs are now for sale on Poshmark:
buy them here [US only, must be Poshmark member]
And the tights?
Let the repurposing begin!

I'm cutting on the length grain.
Cross cutting would give me a longer strand, but it curls with the (paler) inside on the outside.

What will I do with the yarn? TBD!
Linking up with