Monday, July 24, 2017

Slow Clothing and Mending at #CAFAM

Yesterday, I attended two related events at the Craft and Folk Art Museum that I found very transformative.

Here is what I took:
My huipil with the shredded shoulder and a [way too large a] pile of possible fabrics for patching.
Here is some of what I took in:
From Kath and Kim of The Possibility Project
Along with her short slide lecture, Ruth brought along some examples of her Visible Mending to inspire us:
Jeans
Vest back and detail
Sweater (shown sideways)
I could have sat and stared at Ruth's huipil for a long time...
But it was time to get stitching!
I opted for the panty with a print that I designed and red embroidery floss.
Done! I call this Chaos Stitching -- decisions made in a flash, permission granted to dive right into it.
One of my main reasons for attending was to sit around a table with a bunch of others, stitching.
It was as wonderful as I'd hoped.
Feeling mended!
Final quote from Ruth:

Thank you so much, Kath, Kim, Ruth, and CAFAM!

I'm linking up with
Patti's Visible Monday
Shelbee's Spread the Kindness
Catherine's #SaturdayShareLinkUp