Saturday, July 29, 2017

Meet and Mend in Seattle
Friday, August 11, 2-4pm

I'll be in Seattle the second week of August.
[Embarking on one of my cRaZy road trips. See my On the Edge blog for details and updates].
I was wondering how to meet up with friends in the region.
Since I had such a blast at last week's mending workshop...
Bella of Citizen Rosebud, ErnieK of Ernie K Designs, and I are joining forces and will be hosting a "Meet and Mend".
What the heck is that? you ask.
Fixing stuff instead of throwing it away! In a group situation!
Same idea as a knitting circle or a quilting bee.
Busy hands and camaraderie!
I thought it'd be a different and fun way to gather people vs eating or shopping.
Mending at CAFAM, 7/23/17
Don't worry about weak hand sewing skills. Bring something that needs a button! (We ALL have some of those, right?) There will be some EXPERTS on hand to help solve your mending problems. ErnieK is promising "tubs" of supplies(!). I'm liberating some fabrics from my stash. 
Please leave the carpentry projects for another day -- we'll be working with our hands on soft goods (fabrics, yarns, etc). Don't bring things that require machinery, nails, hammering, and/or smelly glue.

When: Friday, August 11, 2-4pm
Where: VENUE CHANGED! 2720 3rd Ave, Seattle 98121 Le Merde, 7315 Greenwood Ave N, Seattle, 98103
Bring: Clothing that needs repair. Hate sewing? Bring yourself -- we'd love to have you join the conversation!
Cost: FREE!
Hope to see you there!