Monday, April 8, 2013

Whirling Dervish

The last five days have been a whirlwind of activities!
Here are some highlights, before I dash off to work...

Wednesday night, after work, I attended a pre-LuckyFABB event at stylehaĆ¼s at The Grove.
[Mary of The Recessionista kindly gave me her ticket] We got hair makeovers courtesy of Aloxxi.
Here's Heather in the chair with Angel
My finished look: late 80's hair!
Thursday was Lucky FABB, the fashion and beauty bloggers' conference presented by Lucky Magazine.
I wasn't able to get a ticket, so I lurked around the SLS Hotel lounge and sketched.
Bloggers!
Girl of Mystery, delivering a hat to Tina Craig of Bag Snob
sketch of same
Friday, I went downtown to help jury the garments for the OTIS Fashion Show to be held 5/4.
Student work created under the guidance of Christopher Wicks
Saturday I taught, then dashed over to TAG Gallery for my art show reception.
It was a madhouse! Lots of events were happening that night at Bergamot. We had 600 come to our reception!
[photo by Severo]
Twirling for the camera with my art behind me
Sunday, I hosted a private tea for the alumnae of Emma Willard, my high school (an all-girls' prep in Troy, NY)
I used my grandmother's Wedgwood that I inherited
Miss Willard started our school, the first girls' academy of the US, in 1814.
We celebrated her 226th birthday with this lovely cake from Crumbs Bake Shop
[photo by Ellen Friedlander]

Linking up with Patti's Visible Monday, where the party continues...