I started SpyGirl as an art project in fake journaling in 2010.
|My SpyGirl avatar|
Here's the story about how I found her.
SpyGirl is my live Fashion Art performance piece, broadcasted via this blog.
Along with sporadic sketchbook projects, I post outfit photos:
|"Hello from the side of my house in western Los Angeles!"|
|Here I am in the same outfit but looking like a supermodel|
And other random stuff that catches my fancy.
I have 5 other blogs [see Google+ profile on the sidebar], but SpyGirl grabs most of my attention.
Fashion is FUN, when I'm designing for myself.
• 1974-76 Studied Fine Art at The College of Creative Studies, UC Santa Barbara, CA
• 1977-78 Lived in NYC, upper west side
• 1979-82 Lived in Providence, RI
• 1982 Moved to Los Angeles area
• 1983-87 BFA in Fashion Design, OTIS College of Art and Design
• 1987-89 Design Assistant for Rosemary Brantley
• 1989-1994 Barbie Doll Designer, Mattel Toys
Four years at Mattel totally burned me out on fashion design and I quit to return to my original creative passion: fine art. Lack of funds spurred me to pursue freelance gigs, including a part-time return to Mattel, where I worked on Cabbage Patch Dolls.
• 1995-2005 Instructor: Digital Design for Fashion, OTIS College of Art and Design Fashion Dept
• 2001-now Instructor: Digital Design for Fashion and Textiles, OTIS College of Art and Design Cont Ed Dept
• 2005-now Surface Designer for mass-market loungewear and underwear.
In 2014, I embarked on a massive art project entitled On the Edge:US. I circumnavigated the contiguous US states, driving over 10,000 miles solo, and taking lots and lots of research photos. Read more here.
In 2016, I plan to mount a fashion blogger themed show at TAG Gallery
At 57, I can say: I love what I'm doing.
[comments are closed for this page]