Friday, April 5, 2013

Foot Fetish Friday: Converse Suede Sneaker

4.20.10
Converse Suede Sneaker
----------
when?
late 90s?
where?
San Pedro??
----------
A friend, John Borack, is doing a charity for the Boys + Girls Club of Stanton. He calls it Bucks for Chucks. It was actually this charity that got me drawing my shoes.

*******
first sneaker drawing + post
[link for charity is HERE -- scroll down to the bottom of the page]

*******

I wear these every Friday for Qi Gong class. Lately I've been wearing them to work and around town. They are padded and the most comfortable sneakers that I own (not that I own that many pairs). I wish Converse would reissue them. They're Jack Purcell style.


Part of my day involves jurying/editing student designs for the OTIS 2013 Scholarship Benefit Fashion Show to be held May 4th. This is going on today in the big room at The Mart downtown. (I know it has some other name, but it'll always be "The Mart" to me. #so_old). Because I'm too "thrifty" [read cheap] to shell out $12+ to park there, I'll need to have some good walking shoes to get from my favorite $3 lot at Pico + 12th. Can I concoct an outfit that'll run the gamut from exercising to a gallery meeting to a fashionable afternoon event, plus Syd Straw's gig at McCabes as a nightcap? Follow my Instagram feed for updates, now conveniently located in the sidebar.

...Went on the Converse site and found Purcells in leather -- kinda creepy -- and this canvas style with some padding that can be customized -- hmmmmmm, got me cogitating now, Converse... AND THEN I DID THIS: I designed this at Converse.com. Gotta go try these on at retail before I order, to see if they're as comfortable as they look!