Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Create 28 and Decluttering

Whitney at Whitney a la Mode is hosting a fall-themed Create28, if you're interested in such things.
I'm joining in, as the mood strikes me, mostly on Instagram.
For #create28fallLooks Day 5: Fall Colors
My big project this month is tackling my clutter.
I signed up for a decluttering e-course called 27 days of Feng Shui with Katie Rogers ($49 or so).
It's helping and I'm discovering all sorts of treasures!
As part of my spin on the process, I'm keeping a journal that includes incriminating sketches of the clutter, and an online daily progress report. All can be found over on The Glutton. Some of you have expressed interest in seeing the "islands of clothing", etc in the living room. The islands have been put into boxes (be happy for me!) but there is still lots of clutter to gawk at, if you want to feel better about the disorderly state of your home.

Why am I prattling on about all this?
I found these "molten lava" beads, conveniently still strung as I purchased them in the 80s:
They (along with some 70ยบ weather) inspired me to pull out the "manzanita" skirt:
Plus the CUPCAKE SOCKS!!!!
Socks a gift from Severo, Marcia, first time wearing them. He probably got them at Jack's. Purchased somewhere in WI.
Shoes are Kork-Ease
Linking up with Patti's Visible Monday too.