Friday, April 24, 2020

Creative Fever

I've been using the COVID-19 stay-at-home mandate as a stay-at-home art retreat.
For me, couldn't have come at a better time!

Three things I've been working on:
Stitching the World
My massive embroidery project. Dare I say my stitching is near completion? I've been showing the details, country by country, during the A-Z Blogging Challenge over on my Pattern Blog. Go check it out!
Better yet, answer the Four Questions for Stitching the World 2!
This is the back side of the Los Angeles region, after I stitched my [possibly] final LA French knot.
The giant blob of Los Angeles French knots. Will be doing a tally on Sunday.
Detritus Paper Weavings
I've been doing these on and off since January 2019. Originally, I was using reject printouts from the money job. Now that I'm working-from-home, I'm using ephemera at hand. This is a set done with junk mail and a random Chinese medicine book:

Call and Response art collaborations


Introducing: Call and Response v2 with @izzoimages Day 7 The project premise: Artist no1 will create a piece of art within 24 hours and send a digital version of it to Artist no2. This can be anything. It can be poetry, it can be photography or video. It can be painting or drawing, collage or sculpture. It is about sitting down and being creative and interacting with someone. Artist no2 will then have 24 hours to create a response to it in any medium and with any tools available to them. They will in turn send a digital version of it back to Artist no1 who will create a new work in response. There can be up to 28 pieces to your collaboration. And that is ok!! “Call and Response” is a project organized by Kristine Schomaker and her team at Shoebox PR: Sheli Silverio, Emily Wiseman, Susan T Kurland and S. Vollie Osborn @shoebox_pr @artandcakela @kristineschomaker #shoeboxcallandresponse #collaborationatadistance #annembray #isolationcreation
A post shared by anne m bray (@annembray.art) on

This is a COVID project dreamed up by Kristine Schomaker and her team at Shoebox PR. I'm in the middle of Round 2 and have signed up for Round 3. Here is a link to all the projects from Round 1.

I just signed up for an online weaving course with Brittany McLaughlin.
Tactile adventures await!

Linking up with
Creative Compulsions
Shelbee's On the Edge of the Week
Grammy's Grid