Sunday, August 25, 2019

It's All About Me: Eleven Questions


1) Why blog?
My first blog was started for a drawing challenge. I was immediately addicted.
My first-ever blog post -- 5.26.2008
I started my seventh (!) to learn WordPress before changing my art website to that platform.
I really like blogging as a way to communicate. Pictures and words — win-win!

2. What is your favorite pastime (aside from blogging)
My creative endeavors are too weighted to be pastimes so I’ll have to say, doing things with my love Severo! Or eating. Or both:

3. How do you overcome your fears?
Powering through. But some? I have some deep fears (heights) that I can’t lick. It is what it is.

4. What motivates you?
Deadlines
My Top Secret project, procrastination is setting in.
5. How do you define success?
Feeling excited and engaged in whatever project(s) I’m working on.

6. Who do you admire?
All the people who follow their passion, no matter the cost.

7. What is beautiful to you?
Honesty. Nature. Lurid sunrises and sunsets.
Phoenix Sunset II, oil on canvas, 48 x 30", ©2001
8. What are two things you like about yourself?
I am a creative force!
I love my legs
Legs. Banned on Tumblr.
9. Favorite style era?
1920s

10. Heels or flats?
Clogs and Fluevogs (2” heel and under)

11. Favorite season?
Ramp season! “Ramps are a wild onion that grow during the spring in Eastern Canada and the U.S. They're sometimes referred to as wild leeks, and taste like a balanced mixture of garlic and onion. They're pungent, to say the very least.” (From HuffPost)
That time I discovered ramps in my mom's woods -- May 2014
This was inspired by the questions issued to Shelbee for her Sunshine Blogger Award

Linking up with
Shelbee's Spread the Kindness
Catherine's #ShareAllLinkup