CREATED/PRESS/LINKSScatter My Ashes at Bergdorf's, a wonderful documentary all about that Grand Dame of NYC department stores, Bergdorf Goodman.
Linda Fargo, with her silver bob and calm demeanor, caught my attention. She has amazing style! They must have followed her around the whole day that she wore this dress, you see a lot of it.
This film is a must-see for all fashion aficionados. Along with lots of top tier designers as talking heads, it goes into the history of the store. You also get a behind-the-facade look at the design and creation of Bergdorf's famous Christmas windows. And then there's Betty, the "director of Solutions" [personal shopper]. Oh my goodness!
It opens tomorrow, in a few select venues in NYC and LA. Definitely click on this link, to see clips (some that aren't even in the movie!), read bios, etc. I think the DVD will be an item for my Amazon Wish List -- I want to watch it again and again!
Note: my free ticket did not influence my review. I probably wouldn't pay $15 to watch it once in a theater, but would definitely Netflix it, and plan to purchase the DVD. I like the movie that much.
This post made the IFB Links à la Mode for May 9th. Go check out the other links!
Gift of Glamouredited by Jennine Jacob
With all the dazzle of this week's Met Gala and the upcoming excitement of the Great Gatsby, this summer is going to be all about glam. Between dressing up, dazzling flapper beading, maxi dresses, it's a sure hit to doll it up during the most casual of months. This week's roundup has just about everything you need to know about looking fabulous, how to find the best deals in most unexpected places and how to shop on the go (without even going into a store.) That's just what we need to get some more outdoor time.
Links à la Mode: May 9th
- DIY Dyonne: A Primer on Primer: Madge's Beauty Picks
- Fashion & Beauty INC: Steal Daisy Buchanan's Glam Great Gatsby Makeup
- Fashstash: Shoes of Prey x Romance Was Born
- Hunting in Heels: Designer Uniforms
- I Can Style U: How to Catch A Geek's eye
- Inspirations and Celebrations: How To Wear Animal Prints
- Knocked Up Fabulous: 4 Items to Buy for Yourself at the Children’s Department
- La Petite Pear: The Beginner's Guide to Pattern Mixing
- Lesimplyclassy: The Ultimate Guide: How to make your lipstick last longer
- Lollieshopping: Shopping for Clothes without Trying Them on
- Olive Brown: Unerrated Fashion Icons: Nina Simone
- Rose & Pine: Top Ten Best Dressed Ladies at the Costume Institute Gala!
- Slightly Oddley: How to: Shop online (disappointment free)
- Skint in The City: Six Ways to Make Your Summer Clothes Sing
- Spy Girl: Scatter My Ashes at Bergdorf's: Review
- Storybook Apothocary: Why I Can Never Be Anorexic (Despite Past Attempts)
- Style Curated: Gatsby Glamour
- The Occasional Fashionista: Why should we care about the Met Ball?
- Wilde Hunt: Wilde Hunt Corsetry - Antique Textile Adventure
- We Are Ready Made: Gender Confusion
Disclosure: Shopbop links benefit IFB, not me