Thursday, December 15, 2011

Friend Friday: The Return of the Facebook 20 Questions -- Holiday Edition

Katy, of ModlyChic, set us the challenge to answer a series of questions in the format of the typical Facebook 20 Questions on the topic of the holidays (I will release my FB version next week. Still too early). 
in creating this image, I discovered that FB pages can't write Notes
was hoping to use SpyGirl -- concept fail 
1) No holiday party is complete without:
off-key singing of Christmas carols 
2) My favorite Christmas song:
Vince Guaraldi - Christmas Time is Here 
3) The perfect New Year's Eve outfit includes: jammies
4) My favorite seasonal recipe: panattone
click on this to see bigger + use
5) Eggnog, good or bad? very very good
6) Gingerbread Latte or Peppermint Mocha: GL
7) Family photo cards - yea or nay? YEA!
bray family, 1968
8) Did you ever take pictures on Santa's lap at the mall? 
Sheffield MA had no mall
9) Worst gift I ever got: I plead the fifth
10) Best gift I ever received: my boyfriend Severo
11) My family has this tradition:
popovers for Christmas breakfast topped with butter and homemade jams
12) If I could only buy all my gifts from one place, 
I'd shop at: Cargoh (or direct link to my shop)
13) Rudolph the Red-nose Reindeer or Frosty the Snowman: ugh
14) My favorite Christmas movie:
The Grinch That Stole Christmas (original animated version)
15) One of my favorite holiday memories:
New Year's in Goshen with Cyrus (RIP), Patucci, Mark, + Richard
my forehead, cyrus, patucci, richard
16) The best part about holiday decorations is: 
they twinkle and sparkle
17) Rip off the wrapping paper or 
neatly pull off the tape: rip it off, baby
18) Miracle on 34th Street or It's a Wonderful Life:
It's a Wonderful Life by The Tories
19) It doesn't feel like the holiday season until:
the Santa Anas blow all the leaves off the liquidamber trees and there's snow on the San Gabriels (Because I grew up in the northeast, I'm still hardwired for snow as a seasonal indicator. I am shocked, SHOCKED that there are only 10 shopping days left. This happens every year).
20) All I want for Christmas is: Peace, Love and Understanding
1958
Happy Holidays to all, whichever one(s) you celebrate!
Be sure to check out the other responses on ModlyChic