Sunday, December 22, 2019

Stitching the World Project

Don't mind me, I've been rearranging the world:
Alphabetically
Then I added denim patches:
It just seemed more interesting
What are my plans for this?

Two months ago I asked these four questions on my Pattern Recognition blog:
I decided to add an audience participation element to two Art Fair applications that I submitted in the fall.
There will be the questions to answer, embroidery floss to stitch with, and (hopefully) a dedicated Stitching Crew helping with the whole thing. I'm printing The Rearranged World on a Redbubble medium-size wall hanging, which fits nicely on a king-size bed.

I was accepted into the StARTup LA fair, February 14-16 at the Hotel Kinney Venice Beach, where this idea will be put into practice. Meanwhile, there will be preliminary collective stitching meetups  during the Sundays leading up to the fair. If you're in the greater LA area and want to join in, drop me an email.

If you'd like to add your responses to the Four Questions, 
click on this link to see the color chart and  access the form.

Next, I want to design some sort World Map textile repeat, so I can wear the world during the art fair.

Linking up with
Catherine's #shareAllLinkup
Shelbee's Spread the Kindness