Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Mending Momentum

I left you "hanging by a thread" in my last post...
The rehab of the African textile into a tunic was ALMOST finished at the Mindful Mending workshop...
The next day, I used my mending momentum and took the materials to Otis with me -- I utilized the nice, big, EMPTY table  in the Otis Fashion Dept conference room:
DONE!
I was SO EXCITED that I finished, I popped it on over my outfit and took some iPhone selfies.

There was a problem, though. The textile smelled very musty and got worse with my body heat.

Then we had LOTS of rain, so I couldn't hang it outside to air out on the clothesline.

FINALLY, the weather cooperated.
I found online a suggestion to soak the fabric in vinegar to help remove the odor.
It worked a charm.

And then yesterday I was able to wear it to work:
I liked the look of the tunic over another tunic in my initial selfies, so I tried it over my denim button up.
My Indigo and Orange Symphony!
The Fluevog Enthusiasts played along perfectly.
Linking up with
Patti's Visible Monday
Catherine's #shareAllLinkup